About the opportunity:
In this role you will be working with different areas of our business, interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from our research and turning it into meaningful, strategic insights to help our customers make decisions. You’ll be advising leadership teams and senior professionals at some of the world’s biggest professional services firms, delivering research and making recommendations that feed into their strategies. Typically, you’ll be working on competitor landscapes, M&A scans, and other growth strategy projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and interpretation: Working alongside a Data Analyst, you’ll need to interpret data (both qualitative and quantitative) and tease out the stories and trends hidden within it. You’ll need to figure out the “so what?” to tell a story and build arguments that help our customers to understand the key messages of the research. Part of this will be developing a good understanding of the professional services market, including sector-wide trends and what’s going on in specific firms, to help you make recommendations with confidence.
- Client relationship management: Engaging with senior leaders in the consulting industry, you will need to manage the client relationship during projects. Because of the complexity or the stakes of some projects, the relationship can sometimes be tricky, and our success often depends on our ability to listen, communicate and adapt effectively.
- Presentations: You’ll create reports and presentations for customers to explain our findings and answer their questions. You need to be comfortable using PowerPoint to create engaging and informative presentations and delivering these to audiences of all shapes and sizes.
- Writing: You’ll be writing reports (in PowerPoint or Word format) that conform to Source’s house style and uphold the integrity of our research, but which also bring our research to life and engage an audience emotionally as well as intellectually.
- Interviews: You’ll conduct research interviews, typically with either consulting firms or their clients, over the telephone or face to face.
- Supervising and coaching people who work alongside you on projects.
This is the sort of person we need:
We need someone who is both an analyst and a storyteller, with the ability to zoom into detail and zoom out to the bigger picture. We need someone who is able to win audiences over with well-constructed thinking and is confident putting their point of view across.
We need you to look at data, join the dots, and turn it into insights that matter to our customers, building compelling stories and having the confidence to make recommendations. Client-facing experience with senior stakeholders and experience in the professional services industry are a must have, and experience in management consultancy is desirable.
We want our organisation to consist of people who:
- Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
- Take the wheel when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Can always be objective and honest
- Keep an eye on the future
- Are always professional
- Have a sense of fairness
- Trust each other
- Ask, listen and hear
- Are approachable
- Are curious, and who want to learn
- Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
- Develop products we can be proud of
- Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
- Demonstrate leadership by example
- Laugh a lot
Source Global Research is the leading provider of research about the global professional services industry. We serve the world's leading professional services firms and their clients with expert analysis, data, and insights.
Source is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to identify any additional support that you might require to enable you to make an application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to fill out a criminal record self-disclosure form.