About the opportunity:
Our Market Trends Programme is one of the central pillars of our research. In this role, you will be responsible for analysing qualitative and quantitative data, identifying trends in the professional services industry for a variety of different regions and sectors, and writing the end result: engaging reports for our subscribers to read.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing: You’ll be responsible for writing the market overview and forecasts sections of our reports, as well as writing up interviews that you, and others, will have conducted, and engaging blogs on the most important topics in the professional services industry today. There will be opportunities to progress to writing up client survey data and analysis.
- Analysis: Using both quantitative and qualitative data and research, you’ll be required to draw conclusions for your writing, with the aim of becoming so familiar with the industry that you’ll progress to reviewing and adjusting the market data yourself, setting questions for interviews and designing the surveys we send out.
- Conversations with our clients: You’ll be required to conduct interviews with leading figures in the professional services industry in order to contribute to our qualitative research programme. We hope that you’ll soon progress to delivering market briefings to our clients.
This is the sort of person we need:
- We’re looking for a talented and versatile writer who can create compelling narratives by combining a conversational writing style with cold, hard data. You must have professional writing experience with a proven track record of well-thought-out analysis for B2B publications. Proofreading and editing experience is a big plus.
- You need to have a sharp eye, strong knowledge of grammar, and be able to adhere to a style guide. You must also be receptive to edits and feedback, and be confident making corrections and suggestions as required.
- You must be comfortable working with data, with experience identifying key trends in data and writing about it in a clear and concise manner. A strong proficiency in Excel and other data-based software is essential, and experience of using large, complex data sets is highly advantageous.
- You’ll need to be at ease talking to internal and external stakeholders in person, over the phone, and on video conferencing systems.
We want our organisation to consist of people who:
- Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
- Take the wheel when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Can always be objective and honest
- Keep an eye on the future
- Are always professional
- Have a sense of fairness
- Trust each other
- Ask, listen and hear
- Are approachable
- Are curious, and who want to learn
- Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
- Develop products we can be proud of
- Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
- Demonstrate leadership by example
- Laugh a lot
Source Global Research is the leading provider of research about the global professional services industry. We serve the world's leading professional services firms and their clients with expert analysis, data, and insights.
Source is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to identify any additional support that you might require to enable you to make an application.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to fill out a criminal record self-disclosure form.