Source is looking for a part time UX/UI designer with experience building great products to join our product development team. Initially, you will lay the basis of a new product in discovery phase centred around how the team works together to deliver projects. The role will work closely with the product manager to deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design. Ideally we are looking for someone to work 22.5 hours over 3 days a week but we are open to discussing alternatives that are equivalent.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Deep diving into user personas and requirements and translate into user experience flows.
- Developing UI mock-ups and prototypes that illustrate how products or features will work.
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Designing graphic user interface elements such as menus, navigations, search boxes and input fields.
- Usability testing mock ups and prototypes and iterating to further enhance user experience.
- Participating in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years UX/UI design experience for digital products and services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for web platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in your chosen prototyping tool such as Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Basic HTML, CSS and PHP skills are a plus.
- Proven track record of designing responsive, web-based features from inception to finish.
- Demonstrable experience of taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring out what the solution might be.
We want our organisation to consist of people who:
- Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
- Take the wheel when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Can always be objective and honest
- Keep an eye on the future
- Are always professional
- Have a sense of fairness
- Trust each other
- Ask, listen and hear
- Are approachable
- Are curious, and who want to learn
- Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
- Develop products we can be proud of
- Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
- Demonstrate leadership by example
Please note that for this role we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.